The Industrial CFOs Forum, operating under the auspices of the Manufacturers Association, presently numbers approximately 600 chief financial officers (CFOs) and accountants from the large and medium-sized industrial enterprises in all branches of industry, all are members in the Association.
The forum was established in 2001 and is coordinated by the Department of Business Finance in the Manufacturers Association.
The forum's chairman is Mr. Pinchas Kimmelman, CPA, Deputy CFO at Osem Investments.
The forum's primary objectives:
* Improving business environment in which the industry operates and promoting interests of industrial enterprises in the fields of finance, government incentives, taxation, accounting and the capital market.
* Creating a data base for formulating policy and influence on substantive issues of the day in a variety of fields such as taxation, banking and credit, and instruments of government assistance.
* Creating a platform for mutual productivity and the exchange of professional knowledge and information among industrial CFOs.
* Conducting seminars, workshops and courses on various professional topics, given by the College of Industrial Management, for updates, enrichment and imparting professional tools to industrial CFOs.
The forum's regular professional activities are conducted through four subcommittees:
1. The Public Companies Committee
2. The Taxes and Accounting Committee
3. The Government Incentives Committee
4. The Accounting and Wage Accounting Committee