The Economics Division centralizes all Association economic activities. It is responsible for formulating the Association’s macro- and micro- economic platforms, as presented to the various authorities in Israel.
Counseling: The Division’s economists provide ongoing economic counseling to the Association's President and deal with economic issues relevant to Association members. The Economic Division provides services at the macro level – answering the needs of all members – as well as at the micro level, in providing economic advice or finding appropriate solutions for individual members or groups of members sharing common problems.
Research: The Division engages in macroeconomic and strategic research in various economic subjects on the agenda. The Division produces regular economic analyses and builds economic tools as an aid in making business decisions at the industrial companies.
Representation: The Economic Division represents the Association before official parties, including appearing before different parliamentary committees and other national forums. It also handles members’ individual requests and circulates relevant economic material to members.
Services: Individual assistance to businesses in matters regarding reduction of costs, governmental assistance vehicles and various aspects of their regular business activity.
Two departments operate at the Division:
- The Department of Business Economics
- The Department of Economic Research
The Division manages several committees and public forums:
- Economics Committee – channeling and formulation of the Association's economic positions, as they are presented before decision makers in Israel.
- The Antitrust Committee – initiation of legislative changes and formulation of position for legislative ideas in the field of antitrust – formulation of options for action vis-à-vis the person in charge of antitrust.
- Committee for Small and Medium-Sized Factories – increasing awareness of the importance of small and medium-sized factories, and representation before decision makers and influential parties, creation of means of assistance and financing, etc.
- Energy Committee – improvement of the level of services and products and increase of competition in the energy field, information regarding energy prices and relevant government programs.
- Financial Directors' Forum in industry – improving the business environment for industry enterprises in many fields, particularly in the fields of taxation, finances, accounting and the capital market; in addition, transfer of information and conducting seminars regarding legislative changes in the relevant fields
- Planning and Construction Committee – objections to outline plans that damage the factory, as well as improvement of the business environment in processes connected with the local authorities and the like
- Female Industrial Directors' Forum – for the advancement of women to managerial positions in industry and the advancement of future generations to hi-tech industries